Century Petroleum Construction – Winnipeg, Manitoba
We require individuals who have previous service technician experience in the discipline who are not afraid to work hard, travel, think creatively and embrace change. In return, we offer the opportunity to work for an industry leader in the Petroleum Maintenance Field.
We will support your professional development, and reward you for your successes. A focus will be placed on learning and adapting to our clients with a focus on environmental policies.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Prepare work orders and other necessary paperwork and documentation according to company and customer requirements. Accountable for maintaining service parts, inventories in the assigned service van, repair, maintain, install and trouble-shoot problems with customers’ mechanical and electronic equipment.
Maintaining a clean driving record and producing a driver’s abstract upon request. Ensure proper maintenance is conducted on company tools, equipment, and vehicles used. Customer and legislative environmental safety standards are met (personal protective equipment, equipment/material handling etc.).
- Minimum of one years’ experience as a trade service technician.
- Hands-on experience and strong familiarity with Petroleum Handling Equipment.
- College Diploma, preferably in an electronics or mechanical discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong aptitude for electronic, mechanical and computer systems,
- A clean drivers’ abstract, produced upon request.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently manage the assigned customers’ requests.
- Excellent communication ability, time management and organizational skills.
- An interest and motivation for building relationships with customers, utilizing outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to wok in a demanding environment, and enjoy learning new concepts and products,
- Strong problem-solving ability, particular relevant in managing customer concerns.
- First Aid and WHMIS would be an asset.
- Computer literacy; Windows and Office.
- Proficient in math.
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience.
- Read, write and converse in English, Spoken and written English is very important.
- Strong aptitude for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must be willing to travel Monday – Friday.
- Previous service technician experience in any trade discipline: 1 year.
Required License or Certification
- Valid Drivers License (Class 1 or 3)
- Valid Petroleum Mechanical License Level 1, 2 or 3
- WHMIS, COR or First Aid Training would be beneficial
- RCMP Clearence, Police Clearance, Bondable, and Drivers Abstract
- College or equivalent